An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well-known charity for a PR and Marketing Director within a well-known charity fundraising by stage mass participation events. A competitive salary of £60-70k is being offered as well as excellent benefits and a rewarding working environment.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working at Director level within a Marketing or PR capacity. Experience of arranging and co-ordinating events as well as working in a fundraising and charity sector is essential. The successful candidate will have successfully managed a Marketing or PR team, developed a marketing strategy and have proven success in growing a charity’s presence by improving brand awareness with limited financial resources. A strong understanding of Digital Marketing is essential for this role. Your personality will be warm, inclusive, motivational and upbeat. You will need excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be assertive when necessary. A strong negotiator, you will use your contacts within local and national media including press, radio and social media to maximise free coverage.
PR and Marketing Director Events in the Charity sector: duties will include:
- Managing a team within their marketing and PR department to develop strategy within the organisation and all management duties such as performance reviews, succession planning etc
- Developing the team to continually maximise the success and growth of the charity by developing a successful PR and Marketing plan.
- Working with advertising agencies ensuring you are within budget at all times by using negotiation skills.
- Promoting and expanding the reach of the charity to a higher demographic to promote future events and fundraising
- Using your Digital and Creative experience to host and promote remote events whilst mass participation events are on hold
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure continued strong working relationships
- Attending regular meetings with management and trustees to ensure continued success for the charity.
For more information regarding the role as PR and Marketing Director for this successful charity and a full job description please apply without delay.
* Remote working supported during Covid-19 – employee wellbeing and safety paramount *
Mercury Talent are a specialist sales and marketing recruitment agency working on behalf of their client.
Marketing + Charity + Events + PR + Sport + Health + PR
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com